The Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg District Office has installed a contact and specialist point for protection against discrimination at schools and day-care centres in the district as part of the cooperation network with the “RAA Berlin/Die Werkstatt-Familie, Schule und Jugendhilfe gemeinsam denken”. The vacancy is filled by Mrs Olenka Bordo Benavides.
The tasks of the contact and specialist point include:
- Discrimination and racism-critical as well as professional advice
- Conception and implementation of thematic training courses as well as exchange and self-reflection rounds (in cooperation with the workshop)
- Discussions on prevention, information and intervention with participants from educational institutions
- Reception and documentation of incidents of discrimination in school and daycare (anonymous)
- Monitoring and follow-up after incidents of discrimination in schools and day-care centres
- Networking with relevant bodies and civil society actors* in the field of anti-discrimination work